So, friend. Today is my birthday. I’ve thought for a while about what I’ve wanted to do for today’s post. And then I realized… maybe you don’t actually know me? So, for today’s post, you’ll be meeting the blogger behind the blog: me!
If you remember, last year about this time I ran through a whole list of 25 lessons I’ve learned within the last 25 years. This year, was absolutely no different. There were tons of lessons learned, like letting go and giving God complete control.
This year, though, for my birthday, I want to get a little more personal. Because, I realized, maybe some of you, dear readers, don’t actually know me. I mean, I feel like you get a decent idea who I am through this blog and through my about page. But, maybe you’re curious about other stuff. I don’t know.
But, gather round. It’s time to share.
So, here we go. I am Cassie. And here are ten facts about the blogger behind the blog:
- I am the middle of three sisters (By the way, tomorrow, August 12th, is National Middle Child Day. Just so you know. 😉 ). Back when we were kids, everyone thought my younger sister and I were twins. And now, Pennie is about half a foot taller than me. She and Josie left me in the dust. Yep, also the shortest.
- My favorite color is green. And pink is my least favorite. Total shocker, right? Do not ask my why I branded my blog in pink. I can’t tell you. It just happened and I don’t know why. Needless to say, pink is growing on me just a little.
- Back in high school, I served as the president of my school’s National Future Farmers of America chapter. What can I say? I just really like dirt and gardening. I may or may not have placed in the top 5 on the state level for soils and landscape judging.
- Titus is my absolute favorite book of the Bible. If you ever want to know EXACTLY how you’re to live your life, just read Titus. I feel like it’s full of practical tips that can be applied to every Christian today.
- I like to read. But, I’ll take spells where I won’t pick up a book for months. Then all of a sudden, I’ll pick up a book and read three or four other books in a week. My favorite is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. That man really knew how to rip your heart out, stomp on it, then stitch it back into place with a rusty needle. All. The. Feels.
- If I had to go on any game show, I’d choose The Amazing Race. Wait, first I’d choose The Price is Right. Thennnn The Amazing Race. There’s just so many places in this world that I haven’t seen yet. Sometimes, I think about all the food in the world I haven’t tried yet and get a little grumpy about it… Please tell me I’m not the only one?
- Sunday school is one of my favorite things about Sundays (besides 2 o’clock nap time). Now, this isn’t new information here, but my Momma is a Sunday school teacher. The kids she has don’t know it, but they can innocently say something about good about Jesus and I’ll instantly tear up. Kids are always watching and they pick up on the things you don’t think they are.
- If I had to eat only one sandwich for the rest of my life, I’d choose a BLT with extra tomato and a ton of mayonnaise. You can never go wrong with those.
- My favorite individual scripture in the Bible is Acts 5:41. If you read all of Acts 5, you’ll find some followers of Jesus were being persecuted simply because they were spreading the Gospel. But, they rejoiced because they were suffering shame for His name. If that’s not a scripture full of hope, then I don’t know what is.
- My mom, my sisters, and I are HUGE Goodwill shopppers. I mean, so much so we get people asking us where the best thrift stores are. A few weeks ago, I got a $1,700 wallet for a $1.97. My sister bought a mink coat that retails close to $15,000. And, then mom, who needed an electric juicer, found a just-about-brand-new one for maybe $6. (The Lord provides, y’all.) Goodwill shopping is like treasure hunting. You don’t know what you’re going to find. Be warned, though, it occasionally causes a shopper’s high.
I just want to leave a little note right here and thank each of you for stopping by to read my blog. When my birthday rolls around, I always start thinking about my blog. Again, I don’t know why. You’d think I’d do that in January when I took a leap of faith and started this blog almost two years ago.
Don’t forget, subscribe, and you’ll receive a free copy of my devotional, Lord, Do I Have a Purpose? (Major hint: a new one will be available to subscribers soon!)
Share a small fact about yourself in the comments below!