Friends, there’s a little something in the Blogger World called the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is an award for those who are new to blogging – 200 followers or less. This award is a great way for people to recognize all of the hard work that goes into creating a blog and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers (and introduce you, dear friend, to some pretty spectacular bloggers, too!). A GIGANTIC thank you goes out to Na’ at Royalty by Grace, Cindy at Go-Gather-Grow, and Ashley at The “F” Word for nominating me! Really, ladies, your encouragement through the award has reminded me why I do what I do. Thank you. <3
Na’, one of my blogging besties, writes over at Royalty by Grace. Na’ was one of my first blogging friends on this journey and without her holding my hand as we found the path together, I doubt I’d be as far with my blog as I am today. If you haven’t checked her blog out (seriously, what are you waiting for?!), you should. There, you’ll find all kinds of encouragement straight from Na’s heart and you can even sign up to receive her weekly devotionals! Her devotionals have helped me more times than I can count.
Cindy, also one of my favorite fellow bloggers, writes over at Go-Gather-Grow. It was Cindy who helped me decide to bite the bullet and switch my blog from a free site to the self-hosted site you’re currently looking at. If you haven’t stopped by Cindy’s blog, you definitely should do that, too. Cindy’s tagline (which I love, by the way) is “digging deep into the word to reach the world.” And if you know me, reaching the lost is something I’m pretty passionate about. Cindy also offers an Insiders Pod Library where you can get access to all her awesome printables and freebies. But, you have to subscribe first. Go ahead, don’t be shy. She’d love to have you!
Ashley (I get a kick out of her blog name) writes over at The “F” Word, and no, not that “F” word. Ashley’s blog is all about “finding favor through faithful obedience” and her heart truly shines through each and every post. If you sit through and read the posts on her blog (which, again, you also should do as soon as you finish reading this post), you’ll feel like you’re sitting down with a friend have a nice long talk over sweet tea (or coffee, if that’s your thing). Ashley’s recent post, “Faith” it til you make it, is an absolute must read. You know how I always talk about your life being the only Bible some people read? Well, Ashley hits the nail on the head with her post. You HAVE to read it.
My Favorite Blog
Let me just say, that picking a favorite anything is hard for me to do. But, a favorite fellow blogger? Oh, sweet, baby Moses. Hard isn’t even the word here, considering I’ve meet so many bloggers in the short, few months I’ve been blogging and each and every one of them are on my favorite’s list for one reason or another. However, let me take a moment and introduce you to one particular favorite, Summer Overstreet. You can find Summer writing over at www.jessicasummeroverstreet.com. If y’all thought I was as southern as they come with my use of “y’all” and my absolute love for sweet tea, wait until you meet Summer. Like me and my family, Summer is also involved with her Sunday school program at her church (first graders, to be exact. Just about the same age group my sweet momma has!). And, like so many other Christian bloggers, has an absolute passion for encouraging her readers to get closer with the Lord. I know y’all have a giant list of blogs to go check out when you’re done here, but, really, go check out her blog, too. I guarantee your heart will be blessed!
Questions from the Nominators: Answered.
- Favorite season? I’m giant fan of fall, but an even bigger fan of winter. I know, I know. That puts me in the minority here. But, the real reason I love winter so much? I stay cold. All the time. Even in the summer. It’s more socially acceptable to wear 90,385 layers of sweaters, jackets, and scarves in the winter time than it is in the summer. No one looks at me like I’m crazy in the winter for my normal amount of layers like they do in the summertime.
- What is your favorite Bible verse? Hands down, Acts 5:41: And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. Even though the apostles were beaten before the council, they still walked out rejoicing. Rejoicing because they knew their suffering was for something greater. So, friend, even when the enemy of your soul is beating you up over something, rejoice. Because whatever you’re doing for the Kingdom is powerful and mighty and has garnered enough attention from the adversary to get you to stop your good works. Don’t. Keep going.
- Tell us about your blog and why you started blogging. Well, friend, if you’ve been reading for a while, you’ll know blogging is something I kind of ran from. I felt like I was being lead to blog, but was scared to actually do it. Fear is a good tactic Satan puts on us to stop us from doing what we’ve been called to do. And I let it hinder me for much longer than I should have. When I finally bit the bullet and put my first official post out there, the response was amazing and I realized why God was pushing me to start a blog in the first place– to spread the light and encourage others to shine bright, too.
- Favorite place to eat? El Burrito Loco in Glade Spring. Only the best Mexican restaurant in Southwest Virginia. You can go tell them I said that and order yourself a fajita while you’re at it. 😉
- Number one tip for other bloggers? Just do it. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and don’t be afraid to hit that publish button. There is someone out there that needs to read what you’ve been lead to write.
- Sweet or Savory? Both, actually. I’m a fan of anything sweet. But, also a big fan of anything salty.
- Favorite Book or Author? I have two favorite books, actually. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I didn’t expect to like that book in high school, especially after seeing that it was 400-some pages long. But, it grew on my and became a favorite. And the second is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I didn’t actually read The Great Gatsby in high school. I read it after college. And my lands, way to rip my heart out and STOMP ON IT, Fitzgerald. My goodness.
- What are your hobbies other than blogging? Fishing, particularly fly fishing. Goodwill shopping. And bread baking.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Well, I wouldn’t trade Southwest Virginia for the world. There truly is no other place like it and I’m convinced God light shines a little brought on SWVA. But, I hear Alaska is nice. I might like to live there for a while. You know, get the whole bush people experience and all.
- What in your life are you most thankful for? It’s not a “what”, it’s a “who”. And that’s my family. I wouldn’t be the person I am today if it wasn’t for my family. My momma is the strongest woman I know and I’m thankful every single day for her guidance. My daddy, while sometimes not much of a talker (and, well, there are times that he is a talker… truthfully, I get it honest from both my mom and dad, y’all), has taught me that sometimes it’s best to keep your mouth shut and listen to what other people are saying. And then my two sisters, I’d be lost without them. We’re a package deal and they’re my biggest cheerleaders. Love isn’t a strong enough word to use when it comes to my family.
And the nominees are:
Summer over at www.jessicasummeroverstreet.com. You’ve already read my reasons as to why I love her blog. Again, your heart is gonna be blessed by her!
Mae over at The Better Wife Project. Mae, a dear friend of mine and my other blogging bestie, has a passion to encourage wives, especially wives who may be in an unequally yoked marriage. And she hasn’t forgotten the single ladies, either. If you’re a single pringle, you can find encouragement on her blog, too!
Joella over at Livin’ Life Forgiven. I actually met Joella first through Instagram. If you want Christian encouragement, healthy recipes, and tips to survive motherhood, Joella is your girl.
Lureta at Journeying by Faith. Y’all, I really love Lureta’s blog and it’s clear she puts a lot of her heart into each post. If you need a friend to travel with you through your Christian journey, Lureta is gonna be there for you.
Stacy at Through the Stillness. Stacy was one of the first bloggers I “met” on this blogging journey. I love to read her posts because she usually always shares something she’s learned about her faith through such personal moments.
Ladies, you’ve each been nominated for the Liebster Award. And it’s your turn to answer some questions:
- Favorite book or author?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you use a journal of any kind?
- If you could switch careers now, what would you do and why?
- Biggest accomplishment you’ve had while blogging?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- City life or country life?
- Favorite Bible verse?
- What would you do for a Klondike bar?
- Why did you start blogging?
Official Liebster 2017 Award Rules
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award and choose to accept, write an article with the following:
- Acknowledge the person and their blog that nominated you and link back.
- Display the 2017 Liebster Award on your blog.
- Write a 150-300 word article about your favourite blog and provide a link.
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs deserving of the award.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform your nominees that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
Again, a huge thank you to everyone that nominated me for this award. Sometimes, I have to really wonder if my blog is actually helping anyone and in those moments, it’s very, very easy to become discouraged and want to give up. It’s things like these and the sweet comments from the nominators that make me realize that, yes, there is a reason behind it and there’s a reason God pushed me to blog. Sometimes, I might not know the reason and I really might not know who gets a blessing from these posts (maybe, it’s juts me that gets something out of it?), but I have to keep going and continue to do what I was called to do. So, friends, you deserve a thank you, too. Thank you for continuing to read my posts, for sharing them, and for giving me feedback. With you here, together we can learn to be the light.